Psalm 92:14 “They still bear fruit in old age; they are ever full of sap and green”
- Led by Pastor Thoko Khambule, the senior pastor and pensioner, our Thursday services caters for pensioners who are in and around the township. With our pensioners age ranging from sixty to a fruitful ninety, God has confirmed His word strong with all of the full of fruitfulness and vigor. The goal of this service is to act intercessors for the church and the wider community, with most time spent in prayer and intercessions.
- Titus 2:3 “Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good”
- Job 12:12 “Wisdom is with the aged, and understanding in length of day”
- The goal of the teachings in this group is to ensure that the elderly are equipped to serve as a model for the younger women, of all standings. By impartation and exhortations, their temperance and model behaviour greatly helps the younger women understand Christianity. They have been there, got the t-shirt and most probably have full-grown kids, so they can offer sound, biblical advice in an informal, non-counselling environment.
- Further to this, the church has an annual fund-raising drive to buy Christmas hampers for all the pensioners who may be under financial strain, either not receiving grants or under great financial strain whereby they are supporting households on their grant money.